This has quickly become a favorite recipe of mine. These biscuits are good for breakfast, lunch and dinner! They are guaranteed to tantalize your taste buds and are great paired with honey, butter, or jam. It is definitely a recipe worth a try and you will love them! Unlike normal white wheat biscuits, these are much more dense and packed with flavor. Don’t expect a fluffy biscuit that flakes apart, these definitely won’t fit into that category. I do believe though that these are a spot on substitute for the read deal. Enjoy!
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil (or butter)
- 1 tbsp pure honey (I also have used real maple syrup)
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter and honey, until smooth. Add the buttermilk and eggs, whisking together until well combined. Using a spoon, stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture until thoroughly combined.
- For quick and easy drop biscuits: Drop biscuit dough by large spoonfuls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, placing the biscuits approximately two-inches apart.
- For classic-style rolled-looking biscuits: Scoop a large spoonful of batter into your hands and roll into a ball about the size of an apricot. Then place the dough balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet and gently flatten using the palm of your hand.
- Bake about 15 minutes, until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Serve warm with butter, raw honey or homemade jam.
* I found this recipe at The Nourishing Home.